[Chat] need opinions

Christine Gray langwidge at erols.com
Tue Aug 21 19:19:46 EDT 2007

I need advice from people.

The owners of the house next door had a mason remove loose mortar between
bricks up two thirds of the wall (from kitchen to the second floor) in the
breezeway between their house and mine.  (The breezeway is what I call the
narrow space in the back between two houses.

When I got home I found a fine-and very noticeable-brick/mortar dust on
everything!!! on the second floor.

I had left open three windows facing the breezeway.

At first, I just thought I'd deal with it and clean it up.  But in cleaning
it up,  I'm seeing that it is in soap, floors, towels, books, banisters,
stairs, furniture, plants, clothing-it's just everywhere!

So I have stopped trying to clean it up.

I want to stay on good terms with my neighbors, of course; I don't know them
really well at all but they are nice people.

What would you do?  Go to the neighbor?  Find the mason/worker?  Shut and
clean?

Thank you,

Christine Gray