[Chat] Bert's?

regina ARMENTA yogaonwheels at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 12:06:44 EDT 2007

  Hello Mr. Donnelly,
    I have spent many evenings at your restaurant, usually when family is in town visiting, our families have always been attracted to the RR environment.  Good Luck!  Well see you soon!
  Have a beautiful day!
Regina
Linda Forlifer <LEF at press.jhu.edu> wrote:
  Dear Mr. Donnelly,

I appreciate your prompt reply. My family, friends, and colleagues at work have been regular customers, and my grandchildren tell me that Rocky Run is their favorite restaurant.

So I look forward to trying out Bert's and hope to continue as a longtime patron. I'll share your message with neighbors.

Thank you,

Linda Forlifer

>>> 08/23/07 11:31 AM >>>
We have been in Charles Village for 9 years now and have enjoyed being part of the community. Lately over the past 4 or so years our sales at Rocky Run have slipped though and faced with continuous rising operating costs on our end, it has been a difficult time for us.

After a lot of research, we have decided to try and do something with a
fresh, clean new look and that was perhaps a better fit in the neighborhood in terms of a menu and price point. We are still a family friendly restaurant and will continue to pride ourselves on that. We have kept all of the foods on our menu that have done well for us over the years in terms of sales and guest satisfaction (ie. burgers, nachos, cheesesteaks, wings, salads, crab dip & crab pretzel, etc. etc.. Some of the other items that were dropped were done so because either they had become cost prohibitive (ie. steak, ribs) or they just did not sell enough (ie. pasta, seafood) to warrant being on the menu.

We have also dropped our prices on both food and beverages with the hope of being more attractive from that point of view.

I hope that you will give the new concept a try and am confident that you will enjoy it.

Thank you,

Mike Donnelly
Owner