[Chat] Darker Than Blue

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Sun Dec 30 14:19:53 EST 2007

My girlfriend Janet and I just had the weekend brunch at Darker Than
Blue Cafe on the west side of the 3000 block of Greenmount Avenue
(between Vineyard Lane and E. 31st).  We thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

When we came in, we were asked if we wanted omelets; the omelets were
excellent.  Also available in unlimited quantity from the buffet were
fried and barbecued chicken, pepper steak, rice, corn, grits, French
toast, pancakes, and a lot of other goodies.  We enjoyed everything we
tried.

The meal was $18 for each of us, plus tax and tip.  For what we got, it
was a very good value.

We also looked at the lunch and dinner menus, and both appeared to be
very good.

In short, we have a great asset in our community.  We need to support it.

It is unfortunate that there are check cashing establishments and other
businesses nearby that do not add to the ambiance of the neighborhood.
But that will not change unless it becomes clear that the really good
businesses that we want in our neighborhood can thrive.

Steve.