[Chat] Smoking ban passed!

Linda Forlifer LEF at press.jhu.edu
Tue Feb 27 14:55:47 EST 2007

I am so pleased!  Now my son (who runs the sound at the Ottobar) will be
able to work without injuring his health.  And I, who have developed an
allergy to cigarette smoke, will be able to enjoy, once again, going out
for happy hour or to hear good live music at places like the Haven.  I'm
looking forward to January 2008.

Congratulations and a big THANK YOU to Council Members Curran and Mary
Pat Clarke.

Hip, hip, hooray!

Linda

>>> volcheck at acm.org 2/26/2007 10:18:09 PM >>>
Hello, neighbors,

The Sun is reporting that the City Council approved
the smoking ban by a vote of 9-2 today, and the Mayor
Dixon says she will sign it.  The measure would take
effect January 1, 2008.

Hurray!

Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org