[Chat] Fwd: hood thugs

Linda Forlifer LEF at press.jhu.edu
Tue Jul 17 14:28:20 EDT 2007

I'm sorry to hear about the recent assaults but also quite sorry that
the police are giving people such advice as not to walk alone!  Are
citizens all supposed to stay cowering inside their homes or offices and
to desert our sidewalks and yards, leaving them only to thugs?  How does
an empty community make life better for anyone?

Better advice would be for all of us to come outside our houses, sit on
our porches, walk in the neighborhood, be a presence, get to know our
neighbors, and watch out for one another.

Linda

>>> yogaonwheels at yahoo.com 07/17/07 2:14 PM >>>
I got this message from our friends next door.
  Regina

Note: forwarded message attached.