[Chat] Two Charles Village opportunities next week to meet Michael Sarbanes

WeinsteinM at aol.com WeinsteinM at aol.com
Thu Jul 26 14:21:23 EDT 2007

The Sun poll last week showed the City Council President race tied with a
huge undecided vote, so I want to highlight two upcoming opportunities to meet
Michael Sarbanes:

Monday, July 30th, 7:30 - 9 pm at Dawna Cobb's house, 2943 N. Charles St.
This one is officially a fundraiser, but no one will be turned away who just
wants to meet Michael and hear what he has to say about the challenges facing
our city.   And if you are already supporting Michael, please bring your
checkbook too!

Thursday 8/2   7-9pm at the McElroys, 2840 Guilford
This is an open house where Michael will share his thoughts about what he
would do as City Council President and engage in open discussion with community
members.

I am supporting Michael because I worked closely with him at CPHA and know
him to be something very rare in politics -- an effective idealist who combines
grassroots community activism with years of practical political savvy -- not
to mention his expertise in numerous areas of public policy, from affordable
housing, community revitalization, and transportation to crime and drugs.   I
know that he would work effectively with the Mayor and also make the City
Council into a source of fresh ideas and reform initiatives in partnership with
neighborhoods.

The campaign website is www.michaelsarbanes.com.

-Matthew