[Chat] [CVCA] CVCA Public Meeting on 28th Street Problems and Solutions

Michael P Callan mcallan at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 21:05:21 EDT 2007

I have some ideas:

1). On Belona Ave, they put cone-like obstacles in the middle of the lanes of the street, and put up a un-manned speed meter.  We can do that..right away... by hand if we have to....

2) Lets get rid of these one-way streets.  Calvert is a high-way with people flying by at 60 mph+.  If these streets are two-way, no more high way...
    People in this city are loosing their privilege of having nice traffic flow, by speeding they way they do.. It is more than 75% of the drivers.  Try driving 30 mph on any street in Charles village, and you will have someone tailgating you towards a red light.

3) Enforcement:  Wouldn't you get rid of some of the criminals, who are doing senseless violence, by getting them while they are speeding, and driving with guns and driving stolen vehicles? All they have to do is stay on 28th, 29th, Calvert, St. Paul, etc.. you would have to be blind not to see a speeder.. Think of all the money they would get from those speeding tickets...

4) We need to CALL, CALL and CALL 911.  Does 311 even work ?  Most places I've been work with number of calls ..

Christine Gray <langwidge at erols.com> wrote: Well, I hope for the sake of those who dare either to cross or to drive
legally through the light headed south down Saint Paul at 28th that
something is done about the hundreds of vehicles that run the red light
every week.

I have seen people, dogs, and strollers nearly blown away by speedsters
going through that light.

I am obviously not even mentioning the many cars that have nearly been hit
as they legally proceed on the green light!

Christine Gray