[Chat] Waverly in the spotlight

Jonathan Wetmiller jwetmiller at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 19:25:29 EST 2007

I thought the list might be interested in this content sponsored by HGTV, Rebuilding Together, and the National Trust for Historic Preservation.  You can vote for a city, and the winner will receive funding for 3 specific neighborhood improvement projects.  Baltimore is on the list, and the projects happen to be nearby (they refer to the area as Pen Lucy although I believe at least 2 of the locations are technically Waverly, but who's going to argue?).

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_change_the_world/text/0,,HGTV_30676_65483,00.html

Also, there's a review of the new Darker than Blue Restaurant on Greenmount Ave. on The Sun's website.  I ate there last week.  It seems like they're still working out some kinks, but the food and service were very good overall.  Hopefully it receives enough community support to stick around for a while (the coffee shop that was in the same location didn't).

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/dining/bal-al.restrev1111,0,2768906.story

-jw