[Chat] More chat is better, was Re: chat needed

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Tue Oct 9 01:26:45 EDT 2007

Mariann,

On 10/8/07, Mariann Millard <qbdmar at cavtel.net> wrote:
> Very sorry all, this was meant to go just to Dawna!  Didn't
> pay attention to the "To" when I replied (I rarely reply to

No need to apologize!  If people were not interested
in chat, they wouldn't have subscribed to this list!

Dawna,

Kathleen and I have an item for you.  In September,
we spent two weeks vacation in Ireland and had
a wonderful time.  We met two of Kathleen's cousins.
Her cousin Mary lives in Fenit, a village out on
the Western tip of Co. Kerry and the hometown
of Saint Brendan the Navigator.  She retired
from a career operating a bed and breakfast.
Her cousin James runs a small dairy farm with his
son on a small mountain in Co. Cavan.  They
sell the milk to make butter.  This butter is sold
under the brand name Kerrygold (used for all
Irish export butter, and you may have seen it
around -- I think Eddie's had it at some point).
We heard some great music
at the Tulla Traditional Music Festival ( http://www.tullatradfestival.com/ )
and at the "Piperlink" concert tour ( http://pipers.ie ), which is
devoted to the traditional Irish "Uilleann" bellows pipes.
Kathleen has a brother in Maine who is a noted Uilleann piper.
We visited the town of Baltimore in Co. Cork, which is the
southern most town in Ireland and has the nickname of the
"Irish Riviera".

Thanks for asking,