[Chat] CVCBD Bylaw Changes and Public Meeting Oct 23

regina ARMENTA yogaonwheels at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 21 20:11:24 EDT 2007

Hello Everyone,
    Just sending a short note or warning there seems to be a strange women digging in our ash tray for cigarette butts.  She said she lives on the third floor next to us, but is always on the porch and every time I come home she re-introduces herself asking for a cigarette.  I was wondering if anyone has seen this women and I'm not convinced that she lives next door.
  Regina

  SLG2700 at cs.com wrote:
  Charles Village Neighbors:

On October 23, 2007 at 7 p.m. at Sts. Philip and James Church, 2801 N. Charles Street, the Charles Village Community Benefits District is holding its Annual Quad Elections and Public meeting, where your Quad Rep will be elected and proposed bylaw amendments discussed. (See attached meeting flyer.)

One of the bylaw changes being proposed would change Bylaw Section 2.07, deleting the mandatory election of 4 Quad Reps with a discretionary provision. "shall" has been replaced with "may." See proposed bylaws and original ordinance at www.charlesvillage.org . I would like to make you aware that this bylaw change would significantly alter the manner by which the CVCBD relates to its constituency. Your understanding of this significance and your input about it is critical to the process.

If you would like more information about my position on the proposed bylaw amendment which eliminates mandatory quad elections, please email me and I will send you my analysis under separate cover.

Please make plans to attend the meeting on October 23rd to make your opinion known about the proposed bylaw revisions and to cast your vote for your Quadrant representative for 2008.  If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else to represent Quad, please download the attached nomination for, visit the website listed above, or contact me and I will make a copy for you.

If you are unable to attend the meeting, but you would like your opinion to be heard, email your comments to me in advance of the meeting and I will make sure they are delivered at the meeting.

Sharon L. Guida, Block Leader
2746 Maryland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21218
410-889-0436 (home)