[Chat] Crime wave continues in lower CV

Greg Alexander ugagrad93 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 26 21:49:24 EDT 2008

For the second time in three weeks, we just heard 5-6 gunshots within a block of our house on Guilford (at 9 p.m. on a gorgeous evening).  About seven cop cars responded, which is good. Meanwhile, the house at 2622 Guilford has become a full-time drug house with a constant stream of cars coming to the house, double parking and going in for drugs as I smell the daily smell of marijuana smoke as I walk the dog.  Also, a group of four 12-year-olds harassed me as I walked the dog, one of them carrying a metal baton (I later saw him duck in the bushes, undoubtedly to assault a future passer-by). I call the cops but nothing happens.

Ahhh, life in the Village.  Isn't it grand?!

Greg Alexander
Freelance Writer/Editor
Editor, Mason-Dixon Arrive
2629 Guilford Avenue