[Chat] stolen packages from porch

John Spurrier jfspur at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 11 11:49:03 EST 2008

Emil,

I certianly understand why you cannot receive personal
deliveries at work. I wonder if any of the small businesses
in Charles Village might occasionally be willing to receive parcels for residents. Images used to receive packages for some of their
loyal customers.

John> > Shipping to work is not an option for me, since> I work for the federal government, and you can't> use official channels for personal business as> a general rule.> > --Emil> > 2008/12/11 John Spurrier <jfspur at hotmail.com>:> > I am curious as to whether the stolen packages were actually delivered by> > the US Postal Service, UPS or FedEx. Charles Village should not be a driver> > release area for UPS meaning that a signature should be required for all> > deliveries.> >> > I personally choose to have internet purchases delivered to my office> > because there will always be someone there during business hours> > to accept them.> >> > If the manpower were available a sting operation would probably help> > the police apprehend those responsible for the thefts, which likely> > are a federal offense.> >> > John> >> >> > > -- > Emil Volcheck> volcheck at acm.org> http://EmilVolcheck.com/> > _______________________________________________> Chat mailing list> Chat at charlesvillage.info> http://charlesvillage.info/mailman/listinfo/chat_charlesvillage.info> archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/chat@charlesvillage.info/