[Chat] Fwd:Re: Baltimore City Frequently Asked Questions: Plastic recycling

Linda Forlifer LEF at press.jhu.edu
Tue Jan 15 11:36:52 EST 2008

This doesn't make any sense.  The info I read said any plastic labeled 1
through 7 is recyclable, so I am putting out everything--trays from
food, jars, lids, packing materials with a triangle and number, etc.,
NOT just bottles.  I think Valentina Ukwuoma may be mistaken.  Did I
mis-remember what it says on our Public Works calendar?

Linda

>>> gewirtz at bellatlantic.net 01/10/08 5:57 PM >>>
As you will see, I inquired whether the buckets that cat litter comes
in
can be recycled.  Apparently, the answer is NO.  Personally, I can see

no reason that only bottles and jars can be recycled, but obviously my

cat litter buckets will be added to what goes into the landfills.

Steve.

Ukwuoma, Valentina I wrote:

> Dear Mr. Gewirtz:
>
> If it has a narrow/long neck or screw top yes, include it with your
> recycling materials, but if it is the wide open type please discard.

> Also, as a point of information, please note that we accept plastics

> bottles and jars with numbers 1-7 on the bottom. For more
information,
> please visit our website at www.baltimorecity.gov.
>

> Thank you for your participation and interest in Baltimore City's
> recycling program.
>

> Valentina I. Ukwuoma
>
> Bureau Head
>
> Bureau Of Solid Waste