[Chat] The History of your house...

OldHouseHistory at aol.com OldHouseHistory at aol.com
Tue Jun 24 20:04:22 EDT 2008

Do you know its complete history?

I'm focusing our house history research on Charles Village this  summer, and
I've decided to offer a steep discount for our all-inclusive  house histories
for CV residents - when I research several homes in a  neighborhood at one
time, I can be more efficient and pass the savings on to  you.  So, this summer
its Charles Village!

We take what is already known about your house (perhaps year built and
architect), verify it, and then expand on it profusely for a  illustrated and fully
cited report full of fascinating tidbits and facts about  not only about the
architecture, but about each and every individual that has  ever owned or even
rented your house over time.  Its a genealogy for your  house!

We research the architect, builder, and original owner, and use deed
research to track the change of ownership over time.  City Directories and  the
censes also allow us to track anyone that even rented your house, far more  common
in the past than many people believe, as owners vacations often  lasted 4-6
months or more.  Census research allows us to document all the  details of those
past occupants of your house; every ten years, it reveals  their age, place
of birth, family members, immigration, occupation, language  spoken, what they
paid in rent or what the house was worth, and even in the  case of the 1930
census, if the family owned a radio.  We even get as  detailed as to consult
passport applications to see if your owners traveled  abroad, and where and when.

One of our more exciting abilities with genealogical research is the  ability
to track down living relatives of the first occupants or owners of  your
home; they are the people that have those rare family photographs of life  in your
house 100 years ago or more, the images that never make it into a public
archive (although we look for those, too).  They usually have good stories  about
your house or how it was used in the past.

I'll be glad to send you a pdf of a sample house history in  Baltimore.  Our
usual fee of $850 has slashed in half for CVers!  A  complete house history
for the CV area is now just $395 (25th to 33rd, Barclay  to Charles)

P. S. Greg and I continue to research the History of Charles Village book,
and we are finally nearing the end.  What took longer than we thought was  the
amount of history here, and the fact that we didn't want to leave  anything
out!

Paul K.  Williams
Kelsey & Associates, Inc.
2629 Guilford Avenue