[Chat] Clayton's Books is closing

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Sun May 4 00:30:05 EDT 2008

Hello, neighbors,

Clayton's Fine Books on Charles St. is closing in November.
I spoke to the owner when I visited the store last week.
Their lease is up in December, and they just aren't doing
enough business to stay in Baltimore.  They're moving to
Shepherdstown, WV.  He'll continue to sell books online
through the Advanced Book Exchange:

  http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/ClientHome?clientId=3982

It's a shame that such a nice shop in such a nice location
can't make it.  But this is a tough business, with so much
happening online.

So if you happen to want to buy any back issues of the
"American Mercury", you can do it at 317 N. Charles St.
by the end of November, in time for holiday shopping!