[Chat] late night ponderings

Sonja Kinzer baltoplays at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 16:49:58 EST 2008

I'm having a hard time posting my message...so I'm doing it in 2 parts.  Thanks!

Part 1
Hi again,

I was up a lot last night thinking about some things we could do to really send a message that this is a neighborhood that is extremely community oriented and more importantly, watchful.  I am certain that this string of crimes has come after a lot of observation.  If criminals know that there are too many people milling around, they wont commit crimes here, period.  To that end, I've come up with three suggestions that I hope will encourage us to be more proactive and give us something concrete we can do to immediately make a difference.  The first is pretty straight forward.  There is some very inexpensive signage (between $10 - $20) on eBay.  I am purchasing at least one for my back garage/fence and perhaps another for the front.  Having a simple sign that reads, "NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH AREA" is one of the simplest ways to do something now.  Police studies consistently show that crime is decreased in Watch areas.  Whether we actually do set up
 an official neighborhood watch program or not, the signs will at the very least give a criminal pause.