[Chat] Bad experience with Papa Johns Pizza

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Mon Sep 29 21:52:14 EDT 2008

My fiancée Janet and I ordered a pizza to be delivered from the Papa
Johns on 33rd St.  It took over an hour to arrive (when we called to ask
where our pizza was, they said it was on its way and was late because
they were really busy on the night of a football game).  Finally, it did
arrive, and a slice was missing.  It looked as though someone had eaten
a slice of our pizza.  Also, one slice was upside down on top of the
other slices.

It was really creepy, and we threw out the pizza.  Janet called, and
first was on hold until she gave up.  She called again a few minutes
later, and spoke to the manager.  He was apologetic and offered to send
another pizza, but at that point we had no appetite for pizza.

In fact, if we had known how long it would take for the pizza to arrive,
we would have cooked something ourselves, but we had decided that that
would take too long.  It would have been faster.

And as much as we would like to support a local business, Papa Johns
will no longer get our business.  In an era when some food is tainted, I
do not want to wonder whether the food I get is safe to eat.

Steve.