[Chat] Permaculture Workshops in Baltimore County start Saturday April 18th

charlesvillager2002 at yahoo.com charlesvillager2002 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 4 18:03:28 EDT 2009

Thought y'all might be interested to know that there's a series of Permaculture Workshops being offered in Baltimore County starting with a one day "Introduction to Permaculture" course on Saturday April 18 at the Heathcote Community in Freeland, MD.

Essentially, permaculture is an approach toward building a sustainable culture that is best for human beings and the planet. Principles of permaculture can be applied in nearly all economic conditions and anyplace that humans live, including, and perhaps especially, cities.

When I spoke recently with the educational director of Heathcote, Karen Stupski (JHU PhD), she said that the one day course is part of a 12 weekend series ending in a Permaculture Design Certificate.

Individual workshops may be attended on a sliding scale from $60 to $100.  Financial aid and work exchange is available if you can’t afford $60.  I'm going to Heathcote for the weekend and can offer a ride if you want to come too. I can be reached on my cell phone at 518-369-9675 or by e-mail.

If you want more info, please see http://www.heathcote.org/pcedu.shtml .

Yours truly,

Crystal Heshmat

P.S. Please spread the word! :)