[Chat] FW: Village Parents Dog attack on Guilford - resources offered

Lauren Redmond laredmond at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 5 17:42:51 EST 2009

I wanted to make sure people on the Chat and Discussion lists received this e-mail as well.
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:14:05 -0800
From: cvcapresident at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Village Parents Dog attack on Guilford - resources offered
To: charles-village-parents at googlegroups.com
CC: SLG2700 at cs.com; cvcapresident at yahoo.com

To those who are interested in what resources are available, please see the below email from Walter Brown, Charles Village Community Benefits District Safety Coordinator.   He offers hishis personal help, gives info on resources on what to do and who to contact in the situation of a dog bite/attack.

Jennifer
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
RE: [Chat] Follow up: tonight's dog attack and Baltimore law
Fri, December 4, 2009 10:12:24 AM

Walter Brown <walter at charlesvillage.org>Add to Contacts

To:
SLG2700 at cs.com; cvcapresident at yahoo.com

Cc:
David Hill <davidhill at charlesvillage.org>; Douglas.Gibson at Baltimorepolice.org; jonathan.walter at baltimorepolice.org; MClarke at baltimorecitycouncil.com; bernard.young at baltimorecity.gov; OldHouseHistory at aol.com

Hello to all:

I have been following this discussion very closely in reference to the Pit-Bull attack and the on-lookers who incited the incident. I am willing to offer any assistance that may be necessary to alleviate this situation. I understand that the Northern District has a very full plate and their hands are tied to a certain extent. I would advise that any victims in this matter retain their reports and any medical bills that have been incurred as a result of this incident.

If at anytime the residents within the block where the attack occurred were to see the dog and or persons involved in this matter to call 911 as well as my office ASAP, my office is approx 4 minutes away from the location in question. I am willing to provide any assistance necessary to control this matter. I have attached 2 links within this correspondence.
One to the Baltimore City Health Department Animal Control Section http://www.baltimorehealth.org/animalcontrol.html#311;
and the other to the Maryland State Department of Criminal Injuries http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/victimservs/vs_cicb.shtml .

Please do not hesitate to call me if any other assistance is necessary.

Walter E. Brown
Coordinator, Community Safety Program
Charles Village Community Benefits District
2434 Saint Paul St.
Baltimore, MD 21218
410.235.4411
walter at charlesvillage.org