[Chat] Zoning Issue 2741 St. Paul Street

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Sun Dec 6 00:52:13 EST 2009

Dear Neighbors:

This email is intended to reach interested residents and property owners
who are interested in the planned conversion of 2741 St. Paul Street from 3 to
4 units with the 4th unit being in the basement.  There is a zoning hearing
set for Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 3 p.m., at the Board of Municipal and
Zoning Appeals for Baltimore City, City Hall.  Any interested persons can
attend the hearing and/or send letters in support or opposition to the appeal.
You should address your letters to:

David Tanner, Executive Director
Board of Municipal Zoning Appeals
417 East Fayette Street, Room 4132
Baltimore, MD 21202

and be sure to include the Appeal No., property address, and hearing date
in your subject line.

Residents should send the original by mail, a copy by email to
david.tanner at baltimorecity.gov with a copy to me so that we can have them in our file
when we appear before the Board. The BMZA's phone number is 410-396-4301. All
of this info can also be found at
http://baltimorecity.gov/government/zoning/ along with the hearing dockets.

It is also important for the residents opposing the appeal to show up at
the hearing itself. The presence of the opposition carries much weight with
the BMZA. If no residents appear or send letters in opposition the CVCA will
be unable to appeal an unfavorable ruling because only an adjacent resident
has standing to appeal.

The CVCA Land Use Committee has recommended to that the CVCA Board send a
letter to the BMZA opposing the appeal, and the Board vote is pending.  If
you are interested in the reasons for the Committee's recommendation, contact
me and I will share them with you.  For the sake of brevity, I have not
included them here.

So far, 7 residents from 4 separate nearby addresses have opposed the
conversion and sent letters to the BMZA.

This case is basically identical to Zoning Appeal 246-09: 2927 St. Paul
Street from April 2009 where we strongly opposed the applicant's planned
conversion of a 3 dwelling unit into a 4 dwelling unit and the BMZA denied the
applicant's appeal.

Sharon L. Guida, Chair, CVCA Land Use Committee
2746 Maryland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21218
410-889-0436 (home)
410-467-4409 (work)