[Chat] Zoning Issue 2741 St. Paul Street

slg2700 at cs.com slg2700 at cs.com
Tue Dec 8 03:29:02 EST 2009

Judy:

The problem, as some residents see it, is that basement apartments can be
very dangerous for the residents because of the availability of proper fire
exits with the smaller windows in the basement and limited access etc., and
that overcrowding of the land creates an increase in safety and sanitation
issues, especially the availability of onstreet parking for residents.  This
property has one offstreet parking space for 3 dwelling units.  It also does
not have enough square footage to support 4 dwelling units under the Zoning
Code, which requires 750 square feet per unit.  Also, some residents want to
preserve the historic architecture and save it from being defaced by
multi-family conversions.

The majority of residents who have responded want the CVCA to stop any
further conversions and to protect Charles Village from the further
overcrowding.

If you have any additional questions, please contact me.

Sharon Guida, Chair, CVCA Land Use Committee