[Chat] Richard (Rick) Johnson

Valerie Griffith griffithvg at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 11 11:06:25 EST 2009

Hello,

Yes, Rick did die of what the doctors believe to be an Aortic Aneurysm.  He was found in his home by family members and police on 12/31 after he had not been seen for about 3 days.  This is a very sad and tragic event as Rick was a vital and visible member of the Charles Village community.  I will miss his presence and friendship deeply.

Rick's story more than ever points out to me how important it is for connection and keeping watch for our neighbors.  I am struck at how easily we become isolated in what seems a busy and social community.  As Charles Villagers we have the opportunity to build these relationships.  I hope I remember this when the sting of Rick's death begins to fade.

With much sadness,
Valerie Griffith