[Chat] Help Your Neighbors and Neighborhood Schools

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Fri Jan 23 08:36:38 EST 2009

Subj: Help Your Neighbors and Neighborhood Schools
Date: 1/22/2009 9:10:12 AM Eastern Standard Time
From: melissa.schober at gmail.com

All:

There are many opportunities to be a good neighbor in Charles Village. The
following link: Volunteer Opportunities in Charles Village (
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddsw6b5n_6crbgd9d5) lists several programs at the Village Learning
Place, Margaret Brent, and the Barclay School that could use additional hands.

I know some CV residents participated in service activities on Martin Luther
King Day. Please consider extending your community service commitment to these
very worthwhile organizations.

The second link: Neighborhood Walking Information (
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddsw6b5n_7ccfh63cm ) contains specific details on the ongoing Walkers on
Patrol program and on how to start a new walk with support from the Charles
Village Community Benefits District.

The VISTA volunteers at Margaret Brent and the Barclary School would love to
start morning and afternoon "bus" walks to help ensure the safety of our
youngest residents. If you'd be interested in helping with a "bus" walk or starting
another walk, please let us know what day/time works best for you.

As always, please forward this message and the links widely.

Many thanks,

Melissa
charles-village-safety-concern+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at