[Chat] seeking art and craft oriented donations/recyclables

GOUCHER'S gouchfolk at verizon.net
Wed Jul 8 14:41:22 EDT 2009

Hello, everyone-

The Maryland Art Therapy Association (MATA) will be hosting a booth in the Target Family Art Park at Artscape next weekend, July 17-19.  We will be inviting those who stop by to help in creating community totem poles using recycled materials.

If you have any art and craft materials or simple recyclables you would be interested in donating to the event, please let me know.  I would be happy to pick up donations from area porches or simply contact me to make other pick up arrangements/check on the appropriateness of a donation.  We'd love to have your interestingly shaped recyclable plastics, cardboard, bottle caps, buttons, fabric and matte board scraps, old stamps, balls of string and twine....... the list could go on and on....as long as it could go into single stream recycling at the end.

At the end of the weekend at the booth, the totems will be encircled by a group of drummers, as the totems are dismantled and recycled into single stream and into the hands of any community members wanting to take a piece, so that the creative energy that went into making the totems is reinvested into the community to be recycled in new ways.

Thanks in advance for any donations you might be able to send our way!

Cathy Goucher
CV resident, art therapist, and coordinator of the MATA Artscape booth