[Chat] recycle

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Tue Jun 30 12:23:31 EDT 2009

Judy,

If you are talking about the bottles that cooking oil comes in, yes.
Just rinse them out with soapy water and put them out with your recycling.

There is some hard plastic such as crates for milk cartons, frisbees,
etc. that should not go out with the regular recycling.  But it can be
taken to Sisson Street and put in a dumpster marked "rigid plastic."

Here is a link to a web page describing what can and cannot be recycled:
http://www.baltimorecity.gov/government/dpw/recycle/newsflash.php

Since I have lived here, it has been a custom to paint ones address on
garbage cans.  I would recommend doing the same on recycling cans and
bins.  I have just received an email from a resident of Abell who has
had two trash cans stolen.

Let me add that I expect that the transition to One Plus One will not be
as traumatic as many seem to think it will be.  You will be allowed
three plastic trash cans of the size that most people use (30-32
gallons), and that should be adequate.  In other words, you will be
allowed 3/4 of what you are now allowed per week.

BTW, in weeks when trash or recycling day is a holiday, there will be a
pickup on Saturday once One Plus One is in effect (after July 14).

Steve.