[Chat] CV Book Launch Party at Village Learning Place, March 14

Greg Alexander ugagrad93 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 17:46:50 EDT 2009

Paul and I are pleased to invite everyone to the Book Launch Party at Village Learning Place, 2521 St. Paul Street, on Saturday, March 14 at 2 p.m. for our book "A Brief History of Charles Village." The 128-page book explores Charles Village's transformation from its inception as a country retreat for downtown residents to a diverse neighborhood today composed of longtime residents, recent transplants, apartment renters and university students.

Paul and I will be providing wine, soft drinks and will have some snacks on hand, too. We will also be selling signed copies of the book ($21.99 for the book, as well as a special CV gift set for $25). We'll accept cash, checks as well as credit/debit cards.

While Barnes and Noble, as well as Greetings and Readings, are having book signings later this month, we wanted to launch the book at a local institution such as the Village Learning Place. The publisher has also generously agreed to make a contribution to the Village Learning Place.

Hope to see you there!

-Greg and Paul

Greg Alexander
Freelance Writer/Editor