[Chat] 2009 Budget Hearing thread

grayskull74 at yahoo.com grayskull74 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 13:21:29 EDT 2009

My opinons and or comments are in blue :-)

HERE WE GO
Mr. Wilson:
Daniel:

As I requested Mr. Jeff Millard to post the audits, (which by the way
have never been posted, even though Jeff >requested David Hill do so), why not post the material you received at the CVCBD meeting so that the entire community can read it and judge for themselves? If you find a discrepancy in what Joan Floyd reported about the salary of Mr. Hill, post what was printed so that the community can read it.

I was going to scan them yesterday morning and post , but then I discovered that they have already been posted on the CVCBD website, so why waste my time scanning when it has already been posted? .. Here is the link, in case you missed it

http://www.charlesvillage.org/budget/

Maybe if you came to meeting being such a concerned resident, you would have found that out.

I am an advocate of letting people see for themselves exactly what was
printed so that they can make their own judgments. All you have to do is scan the document and add it as an attachment to your response.

Again.. It's on the website, has been since yesterday

Ms. Floyd has done more for this community in her attempts to keep it
functioning in a proper, legal format than any other that I am aware of and has continuously attempted to keep the community informed. Her organization is by far one of the largest organizations in the area, if not the largest and her comments reflect the opinions of her
organization, rather than just her personal observations. If we had
more like her in our neighborhood it would be a far cleaner and safer community, which would probably be accomplished without the requirement of any "Benefits" District.

>From my observation, her "reporting" is biased and heavily filtered to suit an agenda. And speaking of proper, legal format, I still believe that her pushing a question regarding something that is still in litigation to a person who clearly was not able or not allowed to answer given that said question is still part of the litigation was unfair and unethical to say the least. From my observation, it looked like she wanted to back them into a corner and demand an answer right away.

And let's not forget that she demanded that the personal e-mails and home addresses of board members be posted online so people can verify their legitimacy of being on the board. Which I can understand the e-mail part.. But putting one's personal residential address online these days is not only asking for identity theft, but could open a whole can of problems.
I know if I was on the board or any community board, I would not want my personal home address up online for everyone to see.

I'm sorry I was lead to believe that the CVCA was one of the largest community groups in the immediate area.
If memory serves me and from what I have been told, Mrs. Floyd is the head of one of TWO organizations that represent the Remington Neighborhood. And according to what I heard via the grapevine by friends and acquaintances who live in Remington, it was allegedly Mrs. Floyd's "Comments & Opinions" and the inability to accept different opinions and plans of action, is what allegedly caused the creation of a second Remington Neighborhood group.

And let's say for the sake of Argument that the Benefits District is dissolved. What next? Who or what will fill in the void? Another organization? The city? Residents to volunteer?

Christian

Mr. Daniel-Raphael Hernandez-Acosta

"Logic is the cement of our civilization with which we ascend from chaos using reason as our guide."

T'plana-hath

(Matron of Vulcan Philosophy)

As I requested Mr. Jeff Millard to post the audits, (which by the way have never been posted, even though Jeff requested David Hill do so), why not post the material you received at the CVCBD meeting so that the entire community can read it and judge for themselves?  If you find a discrepancy in what Joan Floyd reported about the salary of Mr. Hill, post what was printed so that the community can read it.

I am an advocate of letting people see for themselves exactly what was printed so that they can make their own judgements.  All you have to do is scan the document and add it as an attachment to your response.

Ms. Floyd has done more for this community in her attempts to keep it functioning in a proper, legal format than any other that I am aware of and has continuously attempted to keep the community informed.  Her organization is by far one of the largest organizations in the area, if not the largest and her comments reflect the opinions of her organization, rather than just her personal observations.  If we had more like her in our neighborhood it would be a far cleaner and safer community, which would probably be accomplished without the requirement of any "Benefits" District.

Christian
__._,_.___

MARKETPLACE

>From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

Are you Einstein smart? Take our Fun Quiz and get your IQ score today at Quizyou.net.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group

Yahoo! Groups
Stay healthy