[Chat] recycled cans in plastic bags

Linda Forlifer LEF at press.jhu.edu
Wed May 13 14:17:18 EDT 2009

No plastic bags for recycling.  The plastic bags jam up the machines that sort the types of recycling, so putting your cans in plastic bags costs us money.  The workers have to empty the bags to avoid jamming the sorting machine.

Linda

>>> Joshua Fruhlinger <jfruh at jfruh.com> 5/13/2009 1:32 PM >>>
Hello all-

Now that we have single-stream recycling, we don't have to put our
cans in plastic bags like we did before.  But are we *forbidden* to
put them in plastic bags?  I've been dumping them out of the bags and
into my bins, bu it would be easier for me if I could just put bags of
cans in the the bins.  Advice appreciated.

jf