[Chat] Lights and electric in Wyman Park Dell

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Thu Dec 23 15:46:29 EST 2010

FYI

Councilwoman Clarke:

Baltimore City Recreation and Parks is aware of the lights out in Wyman
Park Dell. We have experienced an epidemic of theft of copper wire between the
poles. The wire has been stolen in the Dell twice. Stolen In Patterson Park
three times. Stolen from Violetville Park. A couple months ago stolen from
Latrobe Park.

We have a solution that seems to be theft proof. We have replaced the wire
in Violetville and are almost finished in Patterson Park. We will move to
the Dell next. It is expensive but we have identified capital funds to
replace.

DOT Street Lighting has been kind enough to replace the wire in the past.
Now BCRP is responsible for replacing the wire. I hope to have the Dell
finished by mid-January.

Thank you for your patience.

Bill Vondrasek
Chief of Parks