[Chat] Jenny Harbold's daughter Lindsay is doing better

Paul Burk burkpaul at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 11 12:33:04 EST 2010

As many of you have heard, Jenny Harbold’s (Jenny lives in the 3200 block of Abell) daughter Lindsay
was in a bad car accident last week in which she sustained some serious head
injuries. I spoke with Jenny this morning, and she tells me that after some
tense days of waiting, Lindsay is now doing much better. Yesterday (Sunday),
she woke up for the first time since the accident and was talking, eating,
reading, etc. They aren’t out of the woods yet, but the signs are promising and
the family is feeling cautiously optimistic.
Jenny asked to me to tell everyone
that they are extremely appreciative of the outpouring of support and concern
from neighbors and friends. She also wanted me to ask people not to bring any more food to the
house. They appreciate the gesture, but no one is there to eat it (and the
stove isn’t working so they can’t even warm stuff up).
The family is camped out
in the 5th Floor waiting area at Shock Trauma in the University of
Maryland Medical Center (22 S. Greene St). Visiting hours are Noon-6:30PM and
8:00-10:00PM. Jenny wasn’t sure how many more days they would need to be there,
but that visitors and well-wishers are welcome. If you’d like to contact Jenny
directly, her email is: joharbold at yahoo.com
Paul Burk