[Chat] A safe bike route from CV to Baltimore City College HS?

Mike Subelsky mike at subelsky.com
Wed Jun 23 15:58:58 EDT 2010

I run to the City College track often from our neighborhood.  I usually run
along 33rd and have never had any trouble.  On a bike you may want to avoid
the intersection of 33rd and Greenmount as there's a lot of car traffic; in
that case I recommend taking 31st across Greenmount and getting onto Old
York Road (as if you were walking to the Ace).  That will take you to the
Giant parking lot where you can easily get onto 33rd.

-Mike

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 2:16 PM, <macnmum at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm still a newbie here and my 17 year old son is coming back soon from a
> year abroad.  He'll be taking a course at Baltimore City College HS this
> summer and wants to bike there.   I'm pretty sure a direct route wouldn't be
> advisable, but I'm wondering if anyone who's more familiar with
> neighborhoods and streets between here and there can help us route him
> safely to and from?   It doesn't matter if it adds a few miles to his
> route....he wants the exercise.  (Though I don't know how long that will
> last in the Baltimore heat!)
>
> Any advice and help would be appreciated.
>
> Melissa B

Mike Subelsky
oib.com // ignitebaltimore.com // subelsky.com
@subelsky