[Chat] [Discussion] 3100 block of St. Paul

langwidge at comcast.net langwidge at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 10:13:41 EST 2010

I used to shop at that A&P!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Spurrier" <jfspur at hotmail.com>
To: discussion at charlesvillage.info
Cc: chat at charlesvillage.info
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2010 8:29:05 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [Discussion] 3100 block of St. Paul

Christine,

I bet that Greg Alexander and Paul Williams would have some suggestions because
they research the history of houses for clients. Also, old phone directories would
be good source of information. You might find some at the Enoch Pratt central
library.

According to the history of the neighborhood written by Jacques Kelly 3101 was built in 1921
as the Homestead Apartments and Drug Store and 3103-3119 were built as private residences
circa 1923 and later converted to commercial uses.

A Brief History of Charles Village written by Greg and Paul also mentions an A & P in the location
later occupied by the Homewood Deli.

John