[Chat] FW: Baltimore City Schools Need Your Help!!

Lauren Redmond laredmond at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 13:45:13 EDT 2010

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:41:28 -0400
From: schoolenews at greaterhomewood.org
To: laredmond at hotmail.com
Subject: Baltimore City Schools Need Your Help!!

Baltimore City Schools Still Need Your Help!!

The Senate Cut Education Funding!  Call City Delegates TODAY and Stop the Cuts in the House!

The Senate voted yesterday to maintain the cut to education funding and shifted the cost of teacher pensions from the State directly to City and County public schools.  For Baltimore City Public Schools the cut will be mean a loss of $5.8 million in school year 2011 - 2012, $18 million in school year 2012 - 2013 and $30 million in school year 2013 - 2014 and beyond.

We need you to call City representatives on the Appropriations committee today.  The House Education sub-committee of Appropriations will meet on Friday and finalize the State's education funding budget.

They can reverse this decision.  If you can please help generate calls from your schools too and organize a phone bank.

City Legislators on the House Appropriations

Del. Talmadge Branch (410) 841-3398
Del. Barbara A. Robinson  (410) 841-3520

Del. Keith E. Haynes(410) 841-3801

When their office answers or if you get the answering machine, say that you would like to leave a message for the Delegate:
"I'm asking that Delegate [Robinson, Haynes or Branch] take a position against the Senate's proposal to shift teacher pensions to City Schools!  Please keep our schools fully funded."

Help ensure that Baltimore's children
get the education theydeserve!

Forward email

This email was sent to laredmond at hotmail.com by schoolenews at greaterhomewood.org.

Email Marketing by
Greater Homewood Community Corporation | 3503 N Charles St | Baltimore | MD | 21218