[Chat] news needed for my Village Chat column

Kathleen Wilsbach kwilsbach8 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 11:53:20 EDT 2010

Kathleen Wilsbach and Emil Volcheck of the 3000 block of Guilford just
returned from a wonderful vacation in Ireland.  They were accompanied
by Kathleen's 85 year old mother, Isabel, who lives in Havertown, PA.
The visited the towns in County Cavan where Isabel's parents were born
and grew up before emigrating to Philadelphia in the early 1900's.  Her
parents met and then married in Philadelphia where they raised 10 children.
The next part of the trip was visiting Mary, the daughter of Isabel's Uncle Tom.
She lives on the beautiful West Coast in the town of Fenit which is
associated with Saint Brendan, who discovered America before Columbus
(so claim the Irish).  Mary was full of stories about family, growing up
on a farm in Cavan, and running a B&B in Fenit for many years. We
saw 6 rainbows but the leprachauns are feeling the recession so
unfortunately, no pot of gold.
-Kathleen