[Chat] Baltimore Food Coop ready to launch soon

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Sat Apr 9 14:07:17 EDT 2011

Hello, neighbors,

I stopped by Mill Valley, which will be the location for
the Baltimore Food Coop.  They will launch when they
get 1000 people paying an initial membership fee
of $100.  They have about 880 who have pledged to
join, so they are close to their goal.  Here's their site:

    http://www.baltimorefoodcoop.com/  .

Kathleen and I decided to sign up.  It's uncertain how
this will go, so it's a leap of faith.  But it seems they're
going about it with some good organization and they
have a good location.

The last food coop that tried to launch was the Village
Food Coop next to the Yabba Pot on Saint Paul.
I went there once, and it seemed amateur-ish and
quite pricey.  So I'm not getting my hopes up that
this one will succeed, but I'm keen to help give it
a chance.

When it comes to grocery options, I really feel quite
fortunate living here in Charles Village.  We've got
the Giant, Eddie's Market, Farmer's Market, and
the Punjab grocery.

Thanks,

Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org