[Chat] Convenience Store on 27th Street

greg overton overton.greg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 15:34:09 EST 2011

Paul, you're right, it totally looks like a sex shop from the 80's! I agree
they should have gone through the legal hoops for the signage but I still
feel like there are many more important issues currently plaguing the
neighborhood; shootings, theft and prostitution all have a much more
negative impact on property values much more so than someones definition of
bad signage. Someone had to complain about it to bring attention to it.
This is an urban environment and you see this kind of signage all the time
in places like Brooklyn, NY or Philadelphia. I still say at the least  it
provided light to an otherwise darkened block. I can see the sign from my
back deck and it didn't bother me at all. It was turned off at 8-8:30, no
big deal. Thanks for the visual Paul, I'll never look at that store in the
same light. ha ha ha.