[Chat] still looking for someone good to clean my home...maybe I'm expecting too much?

regina ARMENTA yogaonwheels at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 18:44:34 EST 2011

Lanie 443-762-0091
Stephanie and Mat 973-580-2670

Regina Armenta
Director of Yoga on Wheels
Anusara Inspired Yoga Teacher
614-205-7663
www.yogaonwheels.org

________________________________
From: "macnmum at gmail.com" <macnmum at gmail.com>
To: chat at charlesvillage.info
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:58 PM
Subject: [Chat] still looking for someone good to clean my home...maybe I'm expecting too much?

Hoping I can get some new suggestions for someone to clean my home on Calvert St. But also some feedback.
I've been here about 2 years now and had two different , highly recommended folks, cleaning my home...each did
it for a period of several months.  But I really haven't been happy with either and am beginning to wonder if somehow, I was
spoiled back in the Wash. DC/ No. Va. area.

I'm paying $130 for an every-two-week cleaning of 2 stories of my three story home...Includes one large bathroom and one half bath,
living room, dining room, large kitchen and two bedrooms plus long hallway.  Duties include changing linens on one bed, thorough dusting,
including quite a few pictures and mirrors on the walls, vacuuming, regular kitchen and bathroom cleaning, plus washing kitchen and bath floors.
I provide all cleaning materials and equipment.

I'm finding that no one spends more than 3 hours and a lot isn't done very well.   Stuff on kitchen counters...eg. breadbox, toaster, fruitbowl, etc.
are not picked up and wiped under.  No furniture is shifted to be dusted or vacuumed behind or under. Even my knitting baskets are left on the floor
and vaccumed around, rather than picked up and vacuumed under. Mirrors, window sills, etc.  are given the lightest of once overs, leaving dust
in the corners and window sashes, and any open shelf more than 4 feet off the floor isn't dusted at all.  Baseboards...forget about it!

Can anyone help?  If you can't recommend someone...maybe you can at least tell me if my expectations are too high? My price too low?
What's going on?  I had a number of different cleaners over  the past 30 years in Arlington Va., some of whom were better than others. A few were on a
par with what I've found so far here in Baltimore. But most did a much better job, stayed longer and/or cleaned a bigger house for the same amount
or less money.

Getting desperate....