[Chat] New biz coming to CV

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Sat Oct 8 16:21:19 EDT 2011

What puzzles me is why Quiznos would want to open next to another (and
much better) Italian place.  The types of food are too similar.  It
seems like a bad business decision.  And if, as has been my impression,
Ledo controls the space, I cannot imagine why they would allow Quiznos
there.

When Ledo first opened, there was talk of an Indian restaurant but no
name for one.  That would have made much more sense.

Maybe the Ledo franchisee got tired of paying for unused space, and
Quiznos, being available to fill the space, made more business sense in
so far as it would pay some rent.  That is all that I can imagine.  But
why would Quiznos want to open next to Ledo?

When I think of the places that have failed in that double space
(Homewood Deli including Silber's Bakery, P J Henry, and the burger
joint whose original are later names escape me at the moment), I wonder
if we are going to see another business failure there.  Note that P J
Henry failed after its owners expanded to Towson Commons (where
everything has failed) and to Bel Air, thus presumably causing the
entire enterprise to fail.

Time will tell.

Steve