[Chat] Most beautiful neighborhood!

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Wed Oct 12 20:49:29 EDT 2011

Which is the block shown?
http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/americas-most-beautiful-neighborhoods/9

My block (3000 Guilford, East side) looks quite similar, but the columns
here are round.  Those in the photo are square in shape.

Brooklyn Heights
http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/americas-most-beautiful-neighborhoods/2
is another of my favorites with its Promenade (a walkway above the
Brooklyn Queens Expressway, not shown in the photo) and its views of the
water.  You cannot tell much from the aerial photo.  But we definitely
have the color.  (This is a transplanted Brooklynite writing, but one
who has lived in Charles Village for 44 years now).

BTW, Jennifer Erickson earlier sent out an email in her new role as CVCA
membership chairperson, and she included a link to the Charles Village
page in Travel and Leisure.

Steve