[Chat] inquiry about travel in China

Kathleen Wilsbach kwilsbach8 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 11:42:00 EDT 2012

Emil and I went 4-5 years ago and did it on our own after a conference
in Beijing.  We used a company called Travel China Guide.  They planned
our itinerary and had a private guide and driver meet us in each city.
Sounds expensive but it was surprisingly affordable.  We went to Xian
(home of the terracotta warriors) Loyang (near the Sholin temple) and
the Longman grotto (Giant buddah's carved into the limestone clifts),
then a boat ride down the Li River from Guilin to Yangshuo.
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/guangxi/guilin/li_river.htm

We had a really great time.  I can dig up our whole itinerary if
you're interested.
Also, we have some Pimsler Mandarin language CDs that were really helpful.
We listened to them in the car and just knowing that little bit made a
real difference.
We'd be happy to loan them to you.

-Kathleen