[Chat] Real estate tax bills

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Fri Jul 6 07:49:19 EDT 2012

I still have not received my real estate and CVCBD tax bills, but the
City tax bill is already available online.  Go to:
http://cityservices.baltimorecity.gov/paysys/
and click on "Real Property."  You can already see how much you will owe.

This year, the City and State homestead tax credits are labelled as
such.  Also, there is a "SPECIAL CREDIT" which is supposed to be a
reduction of 0.02% in the City tax rate for those who are eligible for
the homestead tax credit.  Mine is all of $26.58, but every little bit
helps.

My guess is that the CVCBD surtax will be available soon, but for most
of us, it should be last year's CVCBD surtax times 1.04.  When it is
available, you can get it by clicking on "Special Benefit District
Surcharge."

The link above, which you can get to from www.baltimorecity.gov , can
also be used to pay City bills including the real estate tax, the CVCBD
surtax and metered water bills.  If you pay from a checking account, you
do not pay anything extra for paying online, and in a couple of business
days, the payment will show up when you access your checking account
online.  You do pay an extra fee if you use a credit card.

There is no advantage to paying the real estate tax and CVCBD surtax
before almost the end of the month.  You will pay slightly less if you
pay before July 31.  If you pay later, it makes no difference whether
you pay in August or September.

Steve