[Chat] schnapp

Joshua Fruhlinger jfruh at jfruh.com
Sat Jun 23 12:13:33 EDT 2012

It means that, if the Schnapp Shop didn't exist and a new store at that location tried to get a liquor license, it wouldn't be granted.  But the existing store was grandfathered in because it acquired a liquor license before the current laws went into effect (in the '70s, I believe.  The law probably doesn't allow liquor stores in completely residential areas like the Schnapp Shop anymore.

I don't think the closures are a done deal -- there will probably be public hearings about it, if you're interested.

jf