[Chat] Fwd: Fwd: Another break-in

Karen Morley kdmorley at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 19:59:48 EDT 2012

While I agree that we all need to be diligent about our own personal safety and property, I also agree with Greg about holding the police to high standards.  A few months back a couple of kids broke the backdoor window of my across the alley neighbor's house.  I called the police before the kids got into the house........and their next door neighbor also called when he heard the glass break.  It took a LONG time for the police to come - we actually flagged down a patrolling car (which had not heard from the dispatcher that there was a problem) BEFORE the police car that was dispatched showed up.  And both officers did little.  I doubt they even took reports......and told us that they couldn't do anything because the call had to come from the neighbor whose house was broken into.  DUH!!!  Later in the afternoon an officer of a much higher rank showed up to ask us about what happened.  He was pretty ticked off at how the two responding officers had
 acted.  But I don't know what happened with that.  There's no feedback. Based on this experience, I wouldn't rely on police officers to show up in time to do anything.

Karen

Karen Morley
kdmorley at yahoo dot com