[Chat] Health Department Community Meeting Thursday, May 17

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Wed May 16 12:14:14 EDT 2012

The Health Department will be hosting another community meeting to provide
an additional opportunity for residents to learn about their community's
health and to share their health concerns.

This meeting will include communities in Council District # 12 - Oliver,
Clifton-Berea, Greater Charles Village/Barclay,Greenmount East,
Jonestown/Oldtown, Midtown, Midway/Coldstream, Perkins/Middleast.

The flyer below contains all the details: we will be meeting at the Oliver
Community Association, 1400 East Federal Street, this Thursday evening, May
17, at 7:00 pm.

We will be talking about health issues - those that surfaced in a
neighborhood health study that we conducted and more importantly, those the community
members see as most important. This is just the first step in assisting
communities to address their concerns.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at
410 - 396 - 1064 or by responding to email.

Best regards,

Michael O'Leary, M.A.
Neighborhood Health Outreach Coordinator
Office of Policy and Planning
Baltimore City Health Department
1001 E. Fayette Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
office: 410 - 396 - 1064
cell: 443 - 750 - 0641
Michael.Oleary at baltimorecity.gov

Even more than direct medical care, the places where we live, work, learn,
and play affect our health. Baltimore City neighborhoods face many public
health challenges, but also opportunities to improve health.

Please join us for Your Community...Your Health, a community meeting led by
senior Baltimore City Health Department staff. At this meeting we will:

• Present your 2011 Neighborhood Health profile data
• Listen to your concerns and ideas for change
• Discuss opportunities for working together to improve health
• Share health education materials

Help us promote health equity in Baltimore City. IF YOU LIVE HERE:

Oliver • Clifton-Berea • Greater Charles Village/Barclay • Greenmount East
• Jonestown/Oldtown • Midtown • Midway/Coldstream • Perkins/Middle East

JOIN THE BALTIMORE CITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT FOR YOUR COMMUNIITY .. .. .. YOUR
HEALTH::

A NEIIGHBORHOOD MEETIING
Thursday, May 17th, 7:00 — 8:00 PM
Oliver Community Association