[Chat] nursing homes near here?

debbie jones debjackemandpie at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 12:28:49 EDT 2012

A friend of mine, who is a nurse, always says that if she ever needs to go to a nursing home, it must be Stella Maris.  She thinks the staff there is the best.  I have another friend who had to bring her dad up from Fla. (an emergency situation with dementia added to the mix).  He stayed at Keswick for almost one year.  My friend felt the excellent quality of his care ave her great comfort during a very stressful time.  Personally, my mom and an elderly in-law have had extended stays at Keswick for rehab, and the food, care, therapy and environment were all very good.  I currently have two other family members in rehab facilities, one in D.C. and the other in Bel Air, believe me, Stella Maris and Keswick are like the Four Seasons compared to some other local facilities.  My heart goes out to your neighbor and her mom, this is such a tough thing to go through.  I really hope it all works out as smoothly as possible for their family.

Take care,

Debbie

"Life itself is the proper binge." ~ Julia Child