[Chat] REMINDER: Upcoming Homewood Campus Events

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Wed May 23 09:38:53 EDT 2012

All –

Just a reminder to inform you of upcoming events that will be occurring at
and around the Johns Hopkins University Homewood campus, including
Commencement on Thursday, May 24. Please pass this information on to your neighbors.

1. Commencement will occur at Homewood Field on May 24. Please be aware
that this will bring additional activity near Homewood Field, on the campus,
and around student residencies (including off campus housing). We are
replicating the successful actions taken over the past several years to minimize the
impact on our neighbors, including providing off-street parking to
accommodate all guests, placing traffic control officers at key locations, and
utilizing directional signage.

2. Many Johns Hopkins students will be moving out between May 9th and 29th,
with the majority of them departing around May 17th . Please be aware of
additional activity on and around the JHU Homewood campus. For the sixth
consecutive year, JHU will be providing its highly successful trash removal
services for students moving out of row homes and other private residences within
the neighborhoods surrounding the campus.

3. Third Annual JH-U-Turn: Call for Volunteers

 JH-U-Turn is a sale of used student items designed to help reduce waste
and support a great cause. Volunteers are needed.

 http://web.jhu.edu/announcements/faculty-staff/targetpage.html?baid=38513

For a complete listing of neighbor-oriented information about,
opportunities at, and points of access to the Johns Hopkins University Homewood campus
please visit Neighborhood Matters at http://neighborhoodmatters.jhu.edu/.
There you will find a portal to Homewood’s Libraries, the Space Telescope,
Concerts, Lectures, Dance and Other Classes, Readings, Film, Continuing
Education, Comedy, Podcasts, Athletic Contests, Events Calendars, and much, much
more.

 If I can be of any assistance with JHU-related matters, please contact me
at mthomp64 at jhu.edu, or 443-287-9900.

Thank you,

Melissa Thompson
 Johns Hopkins University