[Chat] Fwd: [Discussion] CVCBD Error /omission

judy jdydee at verizon.net
Mon Oct 29 22:57:39 EDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Discussion] CVCBD Error /omission
Date: 	Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:03:31 +0000 (GMT)
From: 	tweefie at juno.com <tweefie at juno.com>
To: 	discussion at charlesvillage.info

In the Charles Village Benefits District Annual Report 2012 Newsletter, there were a couple of photos and blurb on page 2 about  the "Greening Project" on Vineyard lane, which took place on June 14th.  I would like to point out a couple of items that were  incorrectly portrayed.

There were no Barclay students that I know of there that day ...
However, the residents of Vineyard Lane who were there working were not mentioned at all.
As of this writing, the "Reading Garden" it was supposed to become, compliments of the CVCBD efforts and grant money, has failed to materialize. And, lastly, as everyone should know, it is obviously not located in Waverly.

While I personally am grateful that the CVCBD has someone come by periodically and pick up trash and mow the lot, I am less than pleased with the fact that after much pomp and circumstance about the project, and once Mary Pat Clark and the media left, the plan seems to have fallen by the wayside. I am content with a small green space there, but for the CVCBD to have made promises, and announced the noble effort to the public, and then just drop it, is disingenuous. It leaves people to assume that the plan proceeded as advertised, when in fact, the reality is that there has been no change, and the agreement between the lot owner and the CVCBD for basic care is as it has been for several years.

Tweefie Millspaugh