[Chat] cats for adoption and fostering

Suzanne Roos sroos at jhu.edu
Mon Apr 29 13:04:03 EDT 2013

Cindy Simpson, a former resident of Charles Village, now living in Hamilton, sent me the message below.   If any of you are interested in adopting or fostering a cat, please drop her a line at <csimpson at jhu.edu>.  And by all means, feel free to pass the message along to anyone who might be able to help.
Best wishes,
Suzanne

We have a cat hoarding situation in our neighborhood; animal control has become involved and there is a really bad situation for the cats and the humans in the house.  The cats all have to go (this week sometime) and we’re working on picking them up in small groups (and/ or individuals) to take to rescues or fosters.  We’ve gotten 10+ cats out but there are still several more that need homes.  So most importantly, if you know someone who’s looking for a kitty or 2, please let me know asap.  our goal is to try to avoid having a whole bunch of cats dumped on BARCs at the same time – they already have cats that need homes and we’d like to reduce the chances for  euthanization to as few as possible.  if animal control takes them, they go to BARCs (who do great work, but they’ve already got quite a bit on their plate).

All these cats have some health issues, the most minor being lack of immunizations, need to be spay/neutered, flea dermatitis; some have more serious issues such as upper respiratory tract infections and other problems.  So we’re trying to raise some funds to help any fosters/adopters/shelters deal with the expense of fixing the health problems.  Alley cat rescue has agreed to help channel funds raised; their link is http://www.saveacat.org/support.html; if you’d stipulate “for the Hamilton Hoarder cats” or something like that the funds will be directed appropriately.  If you could also pass this on to anybody who might be willing to foster, adopt, or financially help these cats out it would be a huge help.

I’m going to try to get some pix of the cats today and we’ll get them posted asap; despite their problems they are very pretty cats!

Thank you all so very much and please pass this on to anyone you think might be able to help!!!