[Chat] Survey missing traffic calming devices

Sharon L. Guida guidahome at comcast.net
Wed Jan 9 21:05:35 EST 2013

  Once a year since 2009, the CVCA Traffic Calming Committee updates its list of missing crosswalks, curb cuts, walk/don't walk signs, one-way signs, etc for submission to the Department of Transportation for resolution.  We have had a lot of success doing this.  Despite our efforts, cars knock down poles and signs disappear.  If you see this happening call 311 and report it and get a complaint number. That is the best way for us to track the problem with DOT

Sunday morning, January 13, 2013 at 10 am, committee members will be surveying Charles Village looking for missing devices to add to its list.  If you would like to join the committee for this work, or if you would just like to submit by email locations of missing items on your block, please email  guidahome at comcast.net  .  We will meet with the DOT next week for a drivearound so get me your lists as soon as you can.

We would like to cover the entire Charles Village Boundary from 33rd to 21st and from Howard to Greenmount but we need your help to make the list complete.

Committee members plan to identify as many missing devices as possible in order to deliver the list to the DOT next week.

Thank you.

Sharon Guida, CVCA Traffic Calming Committee
410-467-4409