[Chat] [Discussion] taxes

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Wed Jan 23 13:31:23 EST 2013

Judy,

I just checked, and general instructions for form 1040 are available
online (the booklet does not include instructions for the forms that can
go with 1040 such as itemized deductions, capital gains, etc.).  The
worksheet for social security is on page 26.

Here is a link to a page that has links to the forms and
instructions:http://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/formsPublications.html;jsessionid=S1LS1CTvaaoDcFg0LDDE6w__?value=1040&criteria=formNumber&submitSearch=Find

And here is a link to the general instruction booklet (a pdf):
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040gi.pdf

Be aware that because Congress was late in finalizing the tax rules,
especially alternative minimum tax and some others, the IRS is late
getting out the instructions for this years taxes.

Steve